Colonnade Insurance S.A. (Colonnade) is a Luxembourg based non-life insurance company fully owned by Fairfax and established for a strategic expansion of the Fairfax insurance business in Central and Eastern Europe.
We are licensed to underwrite 17 of the 18 statutory classes of non-life Insurance (except Class 10 – Motor Vehicle Liability). Our licenses are extended to Freedom of Services for all EU member states. The company currently maintains and forecasts the maintenance of a strong solvency ratio, well above the required levels.
We operate through branches in Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Romania, Poland, Slovakia, and a subsidiary in Ukraine with the help of a team of more than 450 experienced specialists. We offer products for consumer and corporate clients and have an A- financial strength rating for three years. Our registered capital is EUR 9 500 000.
Branches operate on a decentralized basis but having strong internal culture where market practice leaders share their expertise cross-branch. The empowered underwriting teams apply a focused underwriting strategy to their markets.
- Peter Csakvari - General Manager
- John Ockenden - Chief Actuary and Chief Risk Officer
- Andras Sellyei - Chief Financial Officer
- Babette Chambre - Head of Compliance
- Julien Immelé - Head of Internal Audit
Board of directors
- Bijan Khosrowshahi - Chairman, Executive Director
- Jean Cloutier - Board Member
- Frederick Gabriel - Board Member
- Leo de Waal - Board Member
- Marnix Ernst Wielenga - Board Member
- Honesty and integrity are essential in all our relationships and will never be compromised.
- We are results oriented – not political.
- We are team players – no “egos”. A confrontational style is not appropriate. We value loyalty – to Fairfax and our colleagues.
- We are hardworking but not at the expense of our families.
- We always look at opportunities but emphasize downside protection and look for ways to minimize loss of capital.
- We are entrepreneurial. We encourage calculated risk taking. It is all right to fail but we should learn from our mistakes.
- We will never bet the company on any project or acquisition.
- We believe in having fun – at work!